As I have mentioned in previous articles, the loss of libido(loss of sexual desire) is by far the most common sexual health related problem faced by women of all ages. This particular problem can cause a lot of friction and frustration in a relationship if left unsolved. Here are few tips on lifestyle changes that can help you boost your waning libido:
- The power of positive thinking: We can condition our mood by training our brain to focus more on the positive aspects of our life and not on the negative ones. Don’t fret too much about the things that are not right in your life, as constantly thinking about them will have a definite negative impact on your emotional state of mind and that is the number one cause of loss of libido. As with everything in life the more you practice positive thinking the more of a habit it becomes and you will see improvement in not only your sex life but in all aspects of your relationship and daily life.
- Exercising your way to increasing sexual desire: Yes I know everyone is badgered about how good exercising is for your health in general, but do you know that it exercising regularly also betters your sex life by increasing the flow of blood to the sexual organs and improve your mood by releasing chemicals called endorphins in your brain, which makes you feel good. Moderate exercise also help increase the testosterone levels in your body which is another key ingredient in boosting libido.
- Don’t drink and smoke: excessive drinking and smoking not only has an adverse effect on your general health but also negatively impacts your sexual health. There are enough studies out there which underline this fact. So its a good idea to get rid of these addictions, especially smoking. Drinking in moderation is still okay.
- Reduce that waistline: Being overweight causes a lot of women to not feel sexy about themselves and also not enjoy the sexual health itself. Try reducing your weight by doing a mix of exercise and a balanced diet, to keep yourself properly nourished.
- Bring back the sense of adventure in your life: Our daily lives can turn monotonous very fast , try taking frequent breaks from the daily mundane tasks by going out on mini vacations with your partner and try out any type of adventure sport with your partner. The experience of doing activities with your partner that give you an adrenaline rush will soon translate itself in your bedroom as well.
These are a few of the lifestyle changes that you can incorporate in your daily life to boost up your sexual desire and regain your self confidence and improve your life in general. And remember to consult your physician or a qualified health professional before starting an exercise routine or a diet.