A lot of folks think that enjoying good sex is only about the act itself, though it is the most important aspect of great intimacy, you should not ignore other details which lead up to a satisfying sexual encounter.
You need to pay attention to these smaller yet crucial details especially some pre-sex habits or acts which may distract your mood while you are performing the sexual act.
However, these can be easily avoided provided you know what they are and how they can disrupt your bedroom fun and act as a spoilsport. Here are some of the most common things that couples often do without realizing the adverse affects they can have.
- Don’t eat too much when you plan to have sex. This can hinder your sexual performance, as you tend to feel a bit full and uncomfortable to be able to try different positions in bed. Also, avoid consuming food items like onion, garlic, ginger or other smelling foods, as it may irritate your partner while you are getting close to them.
- Don’t slip between the sheets immediately after finishing your office work. Some people get their office work at home have the habit of finishing this pending work and then get into the bed for some intimate moments, but this is not a great idea. In such cases, chances are high that you still keep thinking about whether the work was done properly or not and with these thoughts running in your mind, you can’t concentrate properly on the sexual act.
- Don’t watch a horror or a depressing movie right before having sex. Such films may directly affect thought process, and in some cases even make you feel scared or leave you with many questions that you keep pondering on. Now if you are surrounded by such things while getting romantic with your partner, there are high chances of getting distracted and spoiling all the fun.
- Don’t make the kids sleep a few minutes before you plan a round of sex. Kids have very erratic sleep patterns and they might get up any random or odd time. Hence it’s better to make them go off to sleep at least a couple of hours before you move towards your bedroom with your partner, so that by the time you plan to have some intimate moments, kids are fast asleep and won’t bother you.
- Don’t have a serious conversation or any heated argument before a round of sex. By doing this, you create an atmosphere of animosity and this will kill the passion which you and your partner need to enjoy your private moments. Also, after having any verbal clashes, your mood tends to remain a bit upset and this might show up in your sexual performance too and could ruin the pleasure.
These are some of the main things that you must avoid while you are gearing up for a sexual session. All of these tend to hinder your bedroom performance and pleasure. So, make sure to not commit these mistakes either intentionally or mistakenly.