Depression is basically a disturbed state of mind that directly affects your thoughts, behaviour and well being. It can be related to relationships problems that would include sadness, guilt, restlessness, loneliness or isolation. When you feel depressed, you tend to isolate yourself from the world around and start thinking about the reason behind the turmoil in your relationship.
This continuous depression affects your ability to concentrate and think, and hence you cannot behave properly and can’t take decisions wisely. As a result of this, you even fail to find solutions to your relationship problems and you are more likely to say certain things, which you may not mean and these can lead to further aggravation.
Hence, it’s very important to know what’s going wrong in your relationship and why you are facing tough times with your partner. Some of the major reasons are listed below:
1. If your partner’s behaviour towards you is not as desired, you tend to think a lot and remain depressed. There are times when your partner behaves badly with you, talks rudely, and disrespects your feelings and emotions and it gets tough to tolerate behavior.
2. At times when you are feeling low, you need emotional and physical support from your partner and if at that point of time, they are not with you, there are chances that you feel dejected and disowned. In this case, your partner fails to understand and respect your needs and hence you get depressing thoughts.
3. Sexual dissatisfaction between partners is another key factor that can contribute to depression. When you are unable to satisfy your partner sexually or you are not getting any kind of sexual satisfaction from them, this situation forces you to go into a state of depression and feel guilty within your heart. Try to identify your sexual problems and get them treated by a qualified medical professional.
4. In a relationship, you often seek to spend quality time with your partner, but if they tend to ignore your presence and appear reluctant to enjoy any romantic moments in your company, you feel like being used and as a result take a lot of tension that leads to sadness.
5. In an attempt to enjoy a blissful relationship, you try by any and all means to keep your partner happy. But there are times when the other partner simply pays no attention to your gestures and rather insults your special feelings towards them. In such a situation, you have no other option but to feel bad and lonesome and become a victim of depression.
So as you can see the type of relationship that you have with your partner is crucial for your mental health. It is very important to not keep your emotions and dissatisfaction about the way your partner treats you pent up inside of you. Communicate clearly with him/her and let them know how you feel. You can even try couple’s therapy to sort out the problems and if inspite of this things don’t work out, then maybe its time for you to move on and save your self unnecessary misery.