Stuck in a relationship and don’t know how to get out? Thinking of ways but just can’t stand to hurt your partner’s feelings? Lots of people get stuck in relationships that they become unhappy with but are afraid to end.
There are easy ways out like texting or social media but it just feels cheap and impersonal. Luckily there are better ways to end your relationship.
- Set up a time that you can discuss with your partner face to face that you no longer want to be in the relationship.
- Show the person your real emotions and be fully engaged and open to their views as well.
- Be honest and non-judgemental.
- Be compassionate and acknowledge the positives of the relationship.
- When you reach the end of the conversation let the person know that you both need to move on.
You cannot control the reaction of your partner but using this process will help you break up with them with compassion and respect and can go a long way in achieving an amicable parting of ways.
Read the full article here:
5 Steps To Breaking Up