Intimacy is a very important component in the longevity and happiness of a relationship. We are all guilty of getting into a routine and sometimes this can cause us to lose the things that are so important to keeping the emotional and physical intimacy intact with our partner.
There are so many things we can do to keep our relationships anything but mundane. Here are 5 ways you can do this
- Do not fall into the routine of the same old things day after day week after week. Do things differently, spice it up, try something new.
- Try new foods, new book, get into a new TV series together, go to a different restaurant. Doing varied activities together will get you closer.
- Always keep the lines of communication open. This is key to any successful relationship.
- Be forthcoming, let your partner know how you feel and be open and understanding about his or her feelings.
- Make time for one another. The hectic lifestyle of today means that we don’t get to spend as much as we like with our partner and this can be a major factor in determining how strong the intimacy in your relationship really is.
Make an effort to carve out quality time with your partner without the daily distractions of work and family, it is so worth it.
Generally, the intimacy in a relationship starts to go down after you have become comfortable with one another and start to take a lot of things for granted about each other, this is when you need to really make an effort to do the things mentioned above to keep your relationship fresh and interesting.
Doing so will make you connect with each other not only physically but also emotionally, making your relationship that much more exciting and intimate.
You can read more about this topic here: