Most people only think of the sexual gratification (reaching an orgasm) when they have sex, but research has shown that engaging in sex can have some surprising benefits for your general health, both physical and psychological. These benefits are more prominent in people who have sex at least a couple of times a week. Here are a few of them:
1. Increase your immunity: Having regular sex can increase the levels of immunoglobulin A (an antibody) which can increase your immunity against the common cold and other infections.
2. Sex is good for your heart: One of the myths surrounding sex especially in older men is that the having vigorous sex can cause a stroke, this is one myth that you can throw out of the window as there is no proof of this being true, in fact the truth of the matter is that if you have sex twice a week, you will reduce the chances of a fatal heart attack by half, when compared to those men who have sex less than once a month.
3. Improve the love factor in your relationship: Warm contact with your partner during sex will increase the levels of the love hormone (oxytocin). This is the reason you feel warmth and generosity towards your partner after having sex and attaining an orgasm. Increased frequency of love making will help you and your partner to bond more with each other.
4. Reduce your pain: Have you ever noticed a reduction in pain caused by headaches, arthritis etc after having sex, this is because your body releases endorphins after you have made love which helps in the natural relief of pain in your body.
5. Relieve Your Stress: Frequent sexual intercourse will lower your diastolic blood pressure and reduce stress levels in your body. Studies have shown that those who indulge in intercourse handle stressful situations much better than those who don’t.
6. Loose Weight: Having sex is a great way to exercise. You burn at least 85 calories per every half hour of sex. This may not feel like much, but with each session this count builds up. Anyways it’s hard to find a more fun way to exercise than making love.
7. Feel better about yourself: This is one of the main reasons people indulge in sex. If you have great sex frequently, it will only help you boost your self esteem. This another reason why a lot of folks feel good about themselves after having a session of satisfying sex.
So now you know that having frequent sex with your partner will not only give you physical release but also benefit your general health in many different ways. Having a passionate sex life will not only improve your intimate relationship but also help you lead a healthier life. Just remember to practice safe sex using protection.