There are multiple benefits (both physical and psychological) to engaging in sex. These benefits include the obvious (e.g., creating human life, deepening intimacy between a couple) as well as the less obvious. According to scientific research, sex is a positive activity for many reasons.
Some of the benefits of sex include:
- Improved immunity (although of course, other activities can also do this).
- Heart health and lower blood pressure (conversely, high blood pressure in men can make sex more difficult).
- Pain relief through the release of endorphins.
- There is also a link to a reduced risk of prostate cancer in men,
- Improved ability to fall and stay asleep.
- Relief from stress.
- It may even improve memory retention- although just thinking about sex can have an impact on brain activity.
- Sex may increase one’s longevity.
- May help raise one’s self-esteem.
These are some, although not all, of the possible benefits of sex according to multiple scientific studies.
Read the full article here:
Ten health benefits of sex