As you may have noticed in some of my previous posts; sex has numerous health benefits, some more obvious than others. These have been backed by numerous studies done over the last few decades. Now I realize some of these studies were conclusive and some not so, even then the overall psychological and physical benefits of having sex are many here is a list of a few of them:
- The Feel Good factor: Arousal releases chemicals like dopamine which makes us feel rewarded .
- Relieves Pain: The hormone oxytocin is increased by indulging in sex and this increases endorphins which are the body’s natural pain reliever. It helps alleviate back aches, headaches, joint pains etc for a short time.
- Helps To Handle Stress: Having regular sex helps in handling stressful situations better.
- Helps Prevents Heart Ailments: Men who have 3 or more orgasms per week are 50% less likely to suffer from heart attacks than men who don’t.
- Helps Increase Energy: Sex boosts the levels of testosterone in men, which in turn helps in building stronger muscles and also energizes the body.
- Reduces The Risk Of Prostrate Cancer: Having frequent sex helps reduce the risk of prostrate cancer in men.
- Extends Life In General: People who indulge in frequent sex are likely to live much longer than folks who don’t.
So as you can see having frequent sex is definitely beneficial for your health, but what you have to keep in mind is that it is not only important to increase the frequency of sexual intercourse but also that sex is meaningful, in other words you need to improve the quality along with the quantity of sex for you to benefit from it.
To achieve this you need to more attuned to not only your own sexual needs but also those of your partners and not indulge in unprotected sex. Inform your self by researching or by consulting a qualified sex therapist.
You can read more details about these benefits in this WSJ article.