In my previous post on reasons for extramarital affairs, I looked into the various scenarios that may lead you or your partner to look for for sexual gratification outside of your current relationship, today lets find out how this can affect your relationship and how you can avoid falling for it.
WEAKENS THE LOVE BOND: As you decide to step out of your marriage, seeking pleasure with another partner, your married life goes for a toss. The love bond you share with your partner gets weakened, you may love them like always but the fact that you’re involved with someone else , may make you feel guilty and this in turn weakens the love connection.
CREATES SEXUAL VACUUM: Most extra marital affairs are a result of sexual dissatisfaction . So, once you start getting that enjoyment outside, it certainly affects your sexual bonding with your present partner to a large extent. The fact that you are sexually involved with a second man/woman often leads to creating a gap between you and your partner. As you devote more time to that extra marital affair, the frequency with which you used to get intimate with your partner goes down as a faster pace.
MAKE THE PARTNER FEEL DISOWNED: Even if your partner is unaware of your extra marital relationship, they can detect the disinterest you show in them. This not only makes them feel cheated but also they get a feeling of being disowned in a relationship. If it continues for long, there might be a situation when your marriage fails.
LEADS TO SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES: Indulging in sexual acts with more than one partner increases the chances of getting sexually transmitted infections, especially if sex is practiced without any protection. As a result, the sexual and mental health is put at stake for both you and your partner.
Steps to avoid this situation
1. Do not treat sex as a duty or obligation done every night. Treat it as a pleasure and quality time spent with your partner and this will help you making it a memorable experience rather that something you loathe.
2. Whenever you feel there is some sort of sexual problem with you, instead of keeping it only to yourself, tell your partner about the same. Consult a doctor, a sex expert who can help you solve your sex related problem.
3. Try to understand each other sexual preferences and respect them. When it comes to trying out untried and different sex positions; do not deny or hesitate. Be ready to experiment and make your partner feel that you value their sexual needs.
4. Do not argue with your partner over things like; time when you should have sex, duration for how long a sex session etc, because this makes it look as if it’s being forced on you. Show an equal participation and enjoy it.
5. Share your sex desires with much more comfort. Once you are aware of each other’s needs, give due importance to fulfilling those sexual fantasies. If you will not share yours with them and listen to theirs, chances are high that they start seeking for someone else who is more concerned towards these bedroom desires.
6. Take out plenty of time to sit back and indulge in healthy conversations with each other. Not just sexual in nature but talk about your relationship in general. This makes your partner feel secure, being loved and cared for, hence doesn’t leave any scope for them to move out of the present relationship.
These are just a few basic things that will go a long way for you or your partner to avoid extramarital affairs, and improve your sex life, making sex a immensely satisfying experience for both partners.