Sexual health problems can afflict men at any age. The dysfunctions are no longer limited to older men and are reported by quite a few younger men. Most of the time, it is difficult for a man to own sexual dysfunctions.
Repetitive failures to maintain a normal sexual relationship can lead to persistent stress. Regular stress paves the way to depression, anxiety, lack of concentration, helplessness, and frustration.
The guilt and shame of the inability to perform in bed can be understandably devastating. It is easy for you to start blaming yourself and close channels of communication.
It is vital to understand the importance of a healthy sexual relationship. Active sex life is not rocket science and is easily attainable if you can seek help in time.
Procrastination will only worsen the situation. Times have changed and well-educated sexologists are available who can help ease your condition.
Sexual Health Problems
Initially, it is hard for every man to accept there is something wrong with his sex life. You would never think you can be less than a pro in bed. But it is wiser to embrace the truth and find the solution.
Several problems can affect men. The most common of them are:
- Low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Small penis size
- Painful sex
Men face many other issues in bed and usually put a lot of pressure on themselves. However, you should know that almost every dysfunction is reversible. An expert’s opinion is all you need to change your life.
So, rather than sulking and delaying, seek help. Consult a Sexologist now.
Let’s look into the above-said issues separately.
Low Sex Drive
Loss or lack of sexual desire can happen to anyone at any age. Usually, it happens due to the sudden loss of a loved one, stress at work, a failing relationship, or any recent tragedy.
Mostly time heals the situation normalizing the sex drive over time.
You also need to understand the difference between low sex drive and erectile dysfunction (ED).
Low sex drive refers to the lack of sexual desire, and erectile dysfunction refers to the inability to get an erection. In simple words, if you can have an erection when aroused it is not ED. Don’t make false assumptions.
If you have had a lower sex drive for quite some time, take extra steps to understand the hidden cause.
It is the best time to consult a Sexologist for the treatment of low sex drive. The doctor can help you understand for lack of sexual desire. Once the cause is understood, you win half the battle.
Most of the patients get better only with a few sessions of therapy. Medical treatment of the low sex drive involves several techniques.
Instead of fighting with the feeling of being unable to arouse sexually, consult an expert and get better soon.
The inability to get or maintain a firm erection needed for sexual intercourse is known as Erectile Dysfunction (ED).
ED can happen due to multiple factors –
- Psychological factors like stress, depression, anxiety, grief
- Medical conditions like diabetes, liver disorder, high blood pressure, etc
- Side Effects of Medicines
- Alcohol abuse
- Chronic Smoking habit
- Physical injury
- Old age
Understanding the right reason will aid correct treatment. The treatment options of ED are –
- Counseling – Counseling also works to treat the ED. Most patients get better with counseling followed by medical treatment.
- Medical treatment – Medicines can help in getting an erection and can help the erection sustain during sexual intercourse. Medicines are prescribed only by a Sexologist. Do not try to self-medicate. It can do more harm than good.
- Medical equipment – Latest technology has introduced excellent equipment that works best for Erectile Dysfunction. Shockwave therapy done by an expert shows remarkable results. Vacuum pumps are also available and can be used at home as well. They increase the blood supply to the penis and aid erection.
- Surgical intervention – If nothing else works, a sexologist can advise surgery for treatment of the dysfunction.
A good sexologist will ask you specific questions to form a correct diagnosis. For example, you should inform the doctor if you have trouble getting erections lately, or it has always been the case. The course of treatment would be different in both cases.
Different physical and psychological tests will help the Sexologist prescribe the most suitable treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Lack of control and early ejaculation during sexual intercourse is known as Premature ejaculation.
Ejaculation is premature if one ejaculates within one minute of entering the partner during sexual intercourse.
The sex is not enjoyable even for a man, and the orgasm is weaker. The situation is embarrassing for a man and results in unfulfilled sexual desire.
Premature ejaculation could happen due to several reasons. The most common are:
- Biological reasons
- Hormone imbalance
- Hypersensitive skin
- Erectile dysfunction
- Infection or inflammation of the prostate or urethra
- Performance anxiety
- Sudden loss of a loved one
- Financial loss
- Toxic relationship
Online consultation for Premature ejaculation is available at Dr.Arora’s Men’s Wellness Clinic. We have a team of experts who will look into your particular situation and recommend the best treatment.
Premature ejaculation could happen even if you have had a relatively normal sex life.
Treatment options for premature ejaculation are:
- Counseling – A psychologist can help get to the real reason behind the issue. Therapy helps understand the emotional issues and provides strength to cope with the situation.
- Medical treatment – A doctor prescribes certain medications to help the ejaculation.
- Decreased sensitivity – An expert may recommend thick condoms to lower the sensitivity and hold an erection for a longer time. A doctor may prescribe numbing gels and ointments to decrease the sensitivity.
- Exercise – Pelvic floor strengthening exercises assist in gaining better control of the muscles. Stronger muscles help in delaying the ejaculation time.
- Behavioral – Different techniques like masturbating a few hours before the intercourse, stopping near the climax and trying it over again, and squeezing the head of the penis when about to ejaculate are used to delay ejaculation.
Timely consultation of premature ejaculation assures faster relief. A good sexologist will help you understand and treat the problem according to your situation. You can also opt for online consultation for premature ejaculation.
Inability to ejaculate or taking too much time to stimulate and ejaculate is known as delayed ejaculation. It could happen due to alcohol, certain medicines, aging, and medical conditions.
Seek help to understand the underlying cause.
Delayed ejaculation is manageable with the help of medical treatment and counseling.
Consult a sexologist to help alleviate your issues with ejaculation.
Small Penis Size
Often a smaller penis size reported by a patient is not that small. You need to know that the average length of an erect penis is 5.2 inches.
A woman has maximum nerve endings in the 2 inches of the vagina. The extra inches over and above remain insignificant. What can help more is mastering the techniques and focusing on pleasure.
If your penis is more than 3 inches erect, you can perform by all means. There is nothing to be ashamed or conscious about.
Contrary to popular belief, only 5 out of 100 men have a 6-inch penis.
Do not let social pressure dictate normalcy. Accept yourself first and exhibit confidence in bed. The maximum number of women do not orgasm with penetrative sex and would need clitoral stimulation. Learn the ways to make sex more pleasurable for a woman.
Oils, ointments, and pills claiming to enlarge a penis are merely hoaxes.
Small penis size is known as Micropenis and can be detected just after birth. It is a Micropenis If the length is less than 0.75 inches after stretching.
- Hormonal therapy – Low male sex hormones or hormonal imbalance in the mother can lead to a shorter penis. Artificial hormones can help in children but are not recommended for adults. Most of the patients achieve adequate length post hormonal supplements.
- Surgery – Surgical treatment is another option if hormonal therapy does not yield the desired results. However, surgery is recommended only for teenagers and adults.
Penis enlargement with surgical intervention is possible but is decided only by a sexologist.
Small penis size might only be in your head. Most men complaining of small penis size have an average-sized penis. You are more than capable of having a wonderful and satisfying sex life.
Consult a sexologist if you have queries around small penis size to know the facts and avail adequate treatment if required.
Sex does not have to be painful. It could be due to the shape of your penis or an injury. It could also be due to lack of lubrication, infections, or a tight foreskin.
Please consult a sexologist to find the exact reason and the suitable treatment.
Sexual dysfunctions are not openly discussed in society even when they are so common. There is still shame and discomfort around the topic. People are seen living with dysfunction for years and even for life.
You do not have to suffer. Most of the dysfunctions are manageable with just a few visits.
Seek help to lead a happy and pleasurable life.