Premature ejaculation is a widespread men’s health issue. Ejaculation is premature if it happens within one minute of entering the partner.
Although it might work for some but usually is a matter of concern for most people, recent studies suggest that around 30-40% of men agree to have faced the problem once in their lifetime. But you do not come across that many men talking about it.
It is because no matter how bad your sex life is, most men are uncomfortable sharing it, and seeking help are shameful. We fail to realize living with sexual dysfunctions will crumble your life in the coming time.
Even men claim they do not enjoy sex when they ejaculate early on during sexual intercourse.
Premature ejaculation can happen for various reasons, and a sexologist can help reach the exact cause that makes the treatment more effective.
The best premature ejaculation treatment in India is available at Dr. Arora Men’s Wellness Clinic. If you do not want a physical appointment, you can book a consultation online at the sexual health clinic.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can happen due to several causes, and the main reasons are biological or psychological. They can be categorized as follows:
- Chemical Imbalance – Premature ejaculation can be a by-product of low serotonin levels. It also could happen due to abnormal levels of prolactin in the body.
- Sensitive Skin – Hypersensitive skin of the penis can cause hyper-excitement. Early excitement can fasten the process and make a man ejaculate early in sexual intercourse.
- Erectile Dysfunction – Premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction are not the same things. Erectile dysfunction is when you do not get an erection even when aroused, whereas, in premature ejaculation, you get an erection but cannot control the ejaculation. However, underlying erectile dysfunction can cause premature ejaculation. A sexologist can differentiate between the two and provide the best treatment for premature ejaculation.
- Infection – Infections or inflammation of the Prostate or Urethra can also lead to premature ejaculation.
- Genetic – Genetic build-up can make some men vulnerable to sexual dysfunctions like premature ejaculation.
- Weak Muscles – Weaker pelvic muscles can lead to the loss of ejaculation control.
Various mental blocks and issues can lead to premature ejaculation problems. Most common being:
- Performance anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- History of sexual abuse
- Emotional problems
- Relationship difficulties
Mental issues can complicate sexual life. It is possible to have a mental block that can cause premature ejaculation. It is also possible to suffer from sexual dysfunction that can lead to a mental illness.
Consider booking an appointment with a sexual health clinic online to get the required help.
Types of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can be of two types-
- Lifelong – Refers to the state when a person noticed early ejaculation during the first sexual encounter and has not improved since.
- Acquired – On the contrary, it is when a person had control over ejaculation in the past but has been facing early ejaculation lately. It could be due to psychological or physical limitations.
When Should I Seek Help?
It is okay to have any sexual dysfunction for some time, and it could happen due to present circumstances and usually gets better with time.
But you need to consult a sexologist
- If the problem is persistent
- You are reluctant to have sex
- You feel embarrassed
- Your partner is continuously asking you to get it checked
- Your relationship starts to suffer
Even if you are too coy about going to a sexologist, book an appointment online with a sexual health clinic. It would give you the required information about the conditions and can advise further steps.
A qualified sexologist will do a proper physical and psychological examination to reach the root cause. Premature ejaculation can be complex, with multiple reasons causing the problem.
It is mandatory to examine each aspect to form the final diagnosis.
Premature ejaculation treatment in India is done with a mix of behavioral and physical treatment modalities.
Different treatment therapies are as follows:
Behavioral Treatment - Practicing these techniques can help resolve the ejaculation timings.
- Masturbation – You can masturbate 2-3 hours before attempting sexual intercourse. It will help delay the extreme excitement, which will help with the ejaculation time.
- Distraction – Think of something poles apart while you feel close to ejaculation. Something like, which exercise regimen I will follow the next day, the color of your office walls, or something irrelevant to the current scenario. It would distract you, and you can start again.
- Start-stop technique – You can do this with or without your partner. You will stimulate yourself until you feel closer to orgasm, but stop there and wait entirely for the feeling to pass away.
You will repeat the process a few times, and this will help you regain control over ejaculation.
- Squeeze technique – In this method, you or your partner can squeeze the penis when about to ejaculate and repeat the same a few times.
All these methods work by controlling the ejaculation time and the urge. Consistent repetitions of these techniques will help you push the ejaculation time in the future.
- Pelvic Floor Exercises – Weak pelvic floor muscles can also be the reason behind premature ejaculation. Regular exercise can help strengthen the muscles.
How to perform the exercise?
At first, you will identify the pelvis muscles with a simple exercise.
Try to hold urine in between urination. The muscles used in this action are the ones that need a workout.
Hold the muscles for 3 seconds and repeat the same action ten times. Also known as Kegel’s exercise, it is highly efficient to assert control over ejaculation.
The therapist can help you deal with mental and emotional issues that might have affected the case. An expert can give you directions to cope with the situation in a better way.
- Condoms – Thick condoms help patients with sensitive skin. It delays the stimulation and gives more time for ejaculation.
- Numbing gels – Numbing gels and ointments decrease sensitivity and help to gain time for ejaculation.
An expert prescribes medication if necessary. The medicines are given after a thorough check-up. Please do not self-medicate.
The treatment of premature ejaculation is dependent on several factors. The best treatment for premature ejaculation is available at Dr. Arora Men’s Wellness Clinic.
Questions Your Sexologist Will Ask You
A few personal and medical history questions will help the sexologist formulate a suitable treatment plan.
The sexologist will ask you questions like:
- How often does premature ejaculation happen?
- How long have you had this problem?
- Does premature ejaculation happen with every partner?
- Did you have the issue the first time you had sex?
- Does it affect sexual relationships?
- How is your bond with your partner?
- How long does it take to ejaculate when you masturbate?
- Are you able to maintain an erection through the session?
- Do you notice anything that affects the ejaculation time?
All these questions will help the sexologist understand the whole picture and decide the best for you.
How can your partner support you?
As difficult as it is to go through a sexual dysfunction, a supportive partner can make a huge difference. Emotional support can help you seek help early and also get better soon.
A relationship will suffer if there is any sexual dysfunction involved. But a little support and motivation can help the relationship sustain the rough patch.
You have to be patient for the treatment to work, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Premature ejaculation is one of the common problems faced by men in today’s age. Rather than making it an issue about their manhood and suffering silently, talk to someone.
There is plenty of information available on the internet that can help you understand the condition. Supporting one another can make all the difference.
For women, talk to your partner and express concern. Be empathetic and extend support. Do not make disgusting comments, which will only make the man create a wall and develop a rigid opinion. Support your partner in the time of need and participate in the treatment, ensuring things will get better.
These gestures can help men be more confident and seek help on time. They would express the will to work on it with whatever it takes.
Premature ejaculation is treatable in most cases. The best treatment for premature ejaculation in India is available at Dr. Arora Men’s Wellness Clinic. We have an experienced team that will work on every aspect with you.
Claim what you own. Consult a sexologist now.