Loss of libido or sex drive is something which is quite common for a female to experience after having a child. This isnormal because the female body goes through a lot of changes during pregnancy and again after giving birth. This decreased sex drive should get back normally after the first few weeks, depending on the type of delivery and the after care required. But if the loss of libido carries on for a much longer time, then it’s time to take some measures to get their sex life back on track.
Here are a few tips on how to increase the female sex drive after having a baby:
1. Taking care of a new born can be a very exhausting task. Sleep deprivation and feeding can take a toll on your body, this leads to sex being the last thing on your mind. Ask your husband to help you with the feeding(bottle feed) and take naps whenever you can. This will refresh your mind and body and you will be more inclined towards sex.
2. Make sure that you check in with your doctor, if you feel any discomfort or pain after delivery to rule out any type of physical problem. Make sure that you body is fully recovered from the physical strain of delivering a baby.
3. Talk openly with your partner about the lack of libido that you are feeling, reassure him that you still find him attractive and that it has nothing to do with him. This will make him be more patient and loving towards you and will hopefully not put any pressure on you for sex. Sometimes just the relief from not having pressure for sex can get your drive back up.
4. Relax yourself before having sex, ask your partner to massage you gently with aromatic oils or just take a long leisurely soak in a warm bath. This will relax your muscles and mind and get you in the mood for some intimacy in bed.
5. Using proper lubrication is essential for you to enjoy sexual intercourse. This will reduce friction and prevent tears in the vaginal wall which can cause a lot of discomfort and pain. You can also ask your partner to indulge in prolonged foreplay to help you get aroused.
The trick to regain your libido after childbirth is to follow the above mentioned tips and not to think about sex, in other words don’t worry if you don’t feel upto it, sometimes just doing it gets rid of this problem. Remember to communicate honestly with your partner and make them understand what you are going through and don’t be shy to tell them what you want in bed. Make sure to change your mindset from that of a mother to that of a lover and this is all that you need to do to regain and enjoy your sex life once more.