Today’s hectic life style leaves no time for couples to spend quality time together, in fact a whole day can pass by without a single word spoken between them. This pattern, in the long run will adversely affect their relationship not only emotionally but physically as well. This is especially noted in relationships where one partner is frequently travelling because of work.
The trick is to be in touch with your partner frequently, even if it’s only for a few seconds and ensure that your work is not affected at the same time. The idea is to let them know that you think of them even during a hectic work filled day at the office. This may seem tough to do, but here are a few tips on how you can accomplish this without coming on the radar of your boss at work.
- In case both of you take the same route while commuting to work, you can travel together. This ensures that you get to spend some quality time with each other while enjoying the drive together.
- If you have your offices close by, try and catch up during lunch hours or tea breaks. It’s a good way to enjoy your meal together and discuss with each other any plans for the evening.
- Stay in touch through phone calls. It might not be that easy to take frequent breaks from work and call each other, but whenever you are away from your workstations, you can briefly talk over phone. Just make sure your partner will not get into trouble at work by attending your calls.
- Online chat is another good way to stay in touch with each other. One liner messages on chat act as perfect teasers to build mood for the night ahead. Even if your partner isn’t online, drop an offline message for them and wait for their reply.
- SMS has also become huge these days, so sending some romantic or funny messages to your partner can work wonders for you. Make sure you send messages which have nothing obscene or offensive.
- When you meet during lunch, or in the evening, you can plan a little surprise for each other. Even small things like giving a rose, or getting a chocolate for your mate can make way for a romantic session once you reach home.
These are some easy ways that you keep the two of you connected throughout the day. These gestures will make your partner special and will keep your relationship healthy and interesting. Just make sure you don’t overdo any of these as too much of something may make you come across as obsessive and start to irritate or annoy them and have the opposite effect to the one you want to achieve.