A high level of respect from both partners towards each other is essential to a strong relationship in couples. It is very important for couples to establish good habits to consistently show respect towards each other. Here are few tips on how you can do this.
- Be attentive and immediately address partner’s needs, desires, and concerns.
- Engage in playful teasing but never take enjoyment from hurting or belittling each other.
- Respond to your partner’s requests without procrastinating and make it a habit of expressing gratitude for your partner.
- If a comparison to other people is made, make sure it is always to show strengths in your partner, not to belittle.
- Never share intimate details outside the relationship.
- Do not use gestures of contempt, such as eye rolling, and always speak directly to your partner.
- Do not complain to other people.
- When mistakes are made, apologize, provide reassurance, and move on.
These may look simple and easy to do on the outside but it takes practice and patience to consistently do them over a longer period of time, but it sure is worth it, as you well know to get respect you have to give it first.
Always remember that respect is one the most important foundations of any relationship.
You can read more about it here: